Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 10 mins
Very Moroccan, very yummy, and not just for summer. Prep time includes time spent in the fridge.
Make and share this Couscous Summer Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Place the currants, orange juice, lemon juice, 1/3 cup canola oil, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well.
- Set aside.
- Bring the water and 1 Tbsp.
- canola oil to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the couscous, then remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for about 6 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- Transfer the couscous to a large bowl, fluff with a fork, and let cool.
- Steam the carrot and bell pepper until they are a bright color, but still crunchy, about 3 minutes.
- Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process and add to the couscous.
- Add the onion and parsley and stir.
- Shake the dressing again, pour it over the couscous mixture, and stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve cold.