Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe that I ran across on a WW forum. It combines some of my favorite ingredients to give them a whole new look. For you WWs, this recipe is CORE. If you aren't dieting or just have points to spare, feel free to sprinkle the tops with breadcrumbs and/or cheese before baking.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup cooked whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- salt or salt substitute, to taste
- freshly-cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large pot of water to simmering and add whole zucchini. Cook until just soft, for about IO minutes. Carefully remove them from the water and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions in oil until soft. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds or so.
- Slice the cooled squash in half lengthwise and scrape the pulp into a mixing bowl. Reserve the shells.
- Combine the squash flesh, onions/garlic, tomatoes, couscous and seasonings.
- Carefully spoon the mixture evenly into the squash shells, mounding slightly.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until piping hot.