Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I started craving stuffed tomatoes for lunch today, but nothing already posted sounded really good. I got a lot of inspiration from all the various stuffed tomato recipes, went through my cupboards, and came up with this. Hope you enjoy as much as I did! The artichoke heart can either be fresh, from a can, or from fozen and thawed. This would make a lovely vegetarian lunch if you use vegetable broth, or even a lovely side dish for dinner.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup couscous
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 artichoke heart
- 1 tablespoon black olives (kalamata are great)
- 1 pinch oregano
- salt and pepper
- Heat chicken stock or vegetable broth and olive oil to boiling. Then pour over couscous and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Carefully cut top off of tomato. Scoop out pulp (reserve for later), sprinkle inside with a little salt and turn over on a rack to drain excess liquid.
- Chop artichoke heart, olives, and reserved tomato pulp.
- Fluff couscous and combine with srtichoke, olives, tomato pulp, and oregano. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste. Lightly pack stuffing mixture into tomato cup and enjoy your lunch!