Recipe by MonkeyMazz
I made up this recipe because hubby doesn't like the "wet rice" in traditional stuffed peppers. But he loves the densely packed, drier couscous in these babies! And with ingredients like cheese and bacon, how could I miss? This is a real winner in our house!
- 4 red peppers
- 1 cup couscous, cooked in fat-free broth
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 6 ounces low-fat turkey bacon, cooked and cut with kitchen shears into small pieces
- 4 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean, cut and halve peppers; bake in 350 degree oven until tender (I prefer a water bath to maintain moisture).
- Cook couscous according to package directions, using broth instead of water; add salt, pepper, oregano and parsley during this process.
- Add all other ingredients and pack firmly into peppers.
- Bake until tops are toasted and cheese is sufficiently melted.