Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Betty Crocker's 125 Low-Calorie Main Dishes, pg. 95.
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb smoked sausage, fully cooked (sliced)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint (or 2 tsp dried mint leaves)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped (about 1 medium tomato)
- Cook chilies, cumin, garlic and sausage in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat about 8 minutes or until sausage is brown; drain.
- Add water and broth. Heat to boiling. Stir in couscous, mint and pepper; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in tomato. Serve with chopped fresh parsley and finely chopped garlic if desired.