- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- 20 frozen shrimp (defrosted and shells removed)
- 1⁄2 cup spicy sausage (sliced to bite size)
- 1⁄2 medium onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen julienned bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄4 cups bouillon
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups couscous
- snipped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet on medium heat, brown the chicken in the olive oil for about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the shrimp, onion, bell peppers, garlic, turmeric, pepper, oregano, thyme, cayenne, and paprika.
- Continue to cook until onions are slightly translucent.
- Add the chicken stock and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for approximately more 10 minutes.
- Stir in couscous, turn off heat, cover, and let stand for about 5 – 7 minutes longer.
- Uncover, stir, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
- ***I served the Couscous Skillet Paella with toasted garlic herb bread.