Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
In no time you have a lovely salad made - one that can be the entree served with corn on the cob, & sliced tomatoes with red onion. A loaf of warm bread and a lovely rose - sounds like a nice meal to me! This is my take on this recipe which is wonderful! Newman''s Own web site is where I found this recipe. The residents were a little taken aback by the coucous but then they started tasting and enjoying!
- 2 cups israeli couscous
- 1 lb large shrimp, cooked, shelled, and de-veined
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and roughly chopped
- 2 cups asparagus spears, blanched and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 -4 scallions, chopped white and green parts
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 cup newman's own lighten up light Italian dressing
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped cashew pieces, toasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Boil 5 cups water in medium saucepan with lid.
- When water boils, add couscous and return to boil.
- As soon as water returns to a boil, remove from heat and cover pan with lid.
- Let couscous stand for minutes.
- Rinse and drain.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine all other ingredients except for the toasted cashew pieces
- Add couscous to bowl when cool, and combine.
- Sprinkle with cashew pieces.
- Salt, pepper, & crushed red pepper flakes (if using), to taste.