In no time you have a lovely salad made - one that can be the entree served with corn on the cob, & sliced tomatoes with red onion. A loaf of warm bread and a lovely rose - sounds like a nice meal to me! This is my take on this recipe which is wonderful! Newman''s Own web site is where I found this recipe. The residents were a little taken aback by the coucous but then they started tasting and enjoying!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups israeli couscous
- 1 lb large shrimp, cooked, shelled, and de-veined
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and roughly chopped
- 2 cups asparagus spears, blanched and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 -4 scallions, chopped white and green parts
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 cup newman's own lighten up light Italian dressing
- 1/2-1 cup chopped cashew pieces, toasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1Boil 5 cups water in medium saucepan with lid.
- 2When water boils, add couscous and return to boil.
- 3As soon as water returns to a boil, remove from heat and cover pan with lid.
- 4Let couscous stand for minutes.
- 5Rinse and drain.
- 6Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine all other ingredients except for the toasted cashew pieces
- 7Add couscous to bowl when cool, and combine.
- 8Sprinkle with cashew pieces.
- 9Salt, pepper, & crushed red pepper flakes (if using), to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous & Shrimp With Newman's Lighten up Italian Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.6
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 173.4 mg
- Sodium 1003.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 43.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of