A nice summertime full-meal salad. Serves 2 for a main course, or 4 small sides.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
- 1/2 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or parsley)
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1For the couscous: Heat the oil in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened.
- 2Stir in the couscous. Cook and stir for 1 minute until coated with oil and lightly toasted. Add the water and bring to a boil, stirring. Remove from the heat and cover with lid. Let stand for 30 minutes, until cooled and the liquid is absorbed, uncovering occasionally to fluff with a fork.
- 3In the meantime, make the dressing: In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, yogurt, oil, gingerroot, garlic, cumin, ground coriander and pepper.
- 4To make the salad: Transfer the couscous to a large serving bowl. Add the cranberries (or raisins), chickpeas, bell peppers, cilantro (or parsley) and green onions. Add the dressing.
- 5Toss all the ingredients together. Garnish with the lemon wedges, if using.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous Salad With Yogurt Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (612 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.7
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 237.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 18.0 g