Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From June 2006 Family Fun magazine. While this recipe is mild enough for kids, mine wouldn't touch it. That's OK..more for me! The spinach can be stirred into the couscous mixture or used as a bed with the couscous mounded on top. I am posting this recipe as is; however, I used only 1/2 pound of turkey. I've also made this with arugula instead of spinach.
- 1 1⁄3 cups couscous
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice, divided
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots or 1 cup julienned carrot
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked turkey breast, cut into thin strips (deli turkey)
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- In a medium saucepan, bring lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in 1/2 cup orange juice, couscous and raisins. Cover the pan, then remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl to let cool.
- For dressing, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup orange juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add carrots, walnuts, turkey and spinach to the couscous. Pour in the dressing and toss to mix.