Recipe by Happy_Housewife
A healthy and refreshing salad.
Top Review by flower7
Tasty! I left out the cucumber and used parsley instead of cilantro. Otherwise followed the recipe, though I cut the oil in half. I used 3 small portabella mushrooms (about 5-6 regular mushrooms worth). I might use a little more spices next time but otherwise it was great! Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 English seedless cucumber, diced
- 5 -7 mushrooms, sliced
- 5 -7 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk chicken stock, cinnamon, garlic powder, cumin and tumeric in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add couscous to the pan and bring to boil and cover.
- Remove from heat and let couscous sit for 5-10 minutes
- Transfer couscous to a mixing bowl and let cool.
- Add red bell pepper, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and cilantro into couscous.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil and garlic in another bowl. Then add the mixture to couscous.
- Toss and add salt and pepper to taste.