Recipe by yooper
A Middle Eastern inspired salad, with the flavors of mint and lemon. Very easy and quick to throw together!
Top Review by Wendy1515
Just made this and yum, yum!!! I made a couple of small changes. I'm not a mint lover, so I used fresh basil. I'm on a weight control plan, so I used only 1tbsp of oil and doubled the vinegar. Very, very good. Thanks!
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup instant couscous
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, preferably extra virgin
- 4 -5 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the couscous, cover and remove the pan from the heat.
- Let stand until all the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, transfr to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- When cooled, stir in the oil.
- Core, seed, and chop the tomatoes.
- Chop the mint leaves.
- Add both to the couscous.
- Stir in the lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Serve the salad at room temperature.