Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
Talk about good! A Rachel Ray original.
Make and share this Couscous Salad With Grilled Shrimp Scampi recipe from Food.com.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and chopped
- In a medium bowl, toss half of the garlic with the 2 Tbs of olive oil and the shrimp.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium high.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Grill about 2 min on each side, or until cooked through.
- Set aside.
- In a microwavable dish, stir the couscous with the chicken broth and season to taste with pepper.
- Microwave the couscous on high for 4 minute.
- Fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice and lemon zest, the remaining garlic and the parsley.
- Whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil and toss with the cucumber.
- Spoon the dressing over the couscous, adjust the seasoning and top with the grilled shrimp.
This was excellent! Will definitely make again. I used frozen shrimp. I had never made couscous before & was pleased to realize that it takes no time at all to cook. This dish came together in about 25-30 minutes. I used plain couscous, but next time will try whole wheat just to make it healthier. I am never disappointed with a Rachael Ray recipe.
This is *so* yummy. Always in a time crunch, I use pre-cooked, frozen shrimp and just warm them through in the pan before proceeding. I'm also addicted to Trader Joe's whole wheat couscous, so I used that. Thanks for posting, SkinnyMinnie! :-)