Recipe by Irmgard
A wonderful fresh cold pasta salad for summer. Note: You will have about twice as much dressing as you will need for this recipe. Save extra for salad.
Top Review by Tracy K
Delicious dish for summer. The fresh corn and tomatoes realy make this dish stand out. Just be sure to dress it judiciously... too much dressing is not a good thing (learned that the hard way).
- 4 cups couscous
- 4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 ears fresh corn, cooked and cut off cob
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 2 cups spinach, chiffonade
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups avocados, cubed and tossed with a little dressing
- salt and pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water, pour over couscous, cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Fluff couscous, toss with oil and cool.
- (note: couscous can be toasted in a pan with olive oil first if desired).
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Toss with enough dressing to just coat.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Dressing:Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender.