Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful fresh cold pasta salad for summer. Note: You will have about twice as much dressing as you will need for this recipe. Save extra for salad.
- 4 cups couscous
- 4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 ears fresh corn, cooked and cut off cob
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 2 cups spinach, chiffonade
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups avocados, cubed and tossed with a little dressing
- salt and pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- Boil water, pour over couscous, cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Fluff couscous, toss with oil and cool.
- (note: couscous can be toasted in a pan with olive oil first if desired).
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Toss with enough dressing to just coat.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Dressing:Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender.
Delicious dish for summer. The fresh corn and tomatoes realy make this dish stand out. Just be sure to dress it judiciously... too much dressing is not a good thing (learned that the hard way).
Wonderful!! So many delightful tastes blended together, and so many wonderful textures! I also left out the spinach. The next day when dealing with leftovers, as serving I topped the individual platings with some toasted pine nuts and we loved it that way as well! It seemed to add one more dimension to this delicious multi-dimensional dish. Thanks so much for sharing!!
What a great way to liven up couscous. The avocados and corn really make the salad. I followed the recipe but left out the spinach. I also cut back on the amount of dressing. I will be making this again. Thanks for posting.