Prep 30 mins
Cook 11 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon hungarian hot paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped green olives
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat; add in onion; stir/saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in paprika and the next 7 ingredients; stir/saute 30 seconds.
- Add in broth; bring to a boil.
- Gradually stir in couscous; remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes; fluff couscous with a fork.
- Transfer couscous to a big bowl; add in 1 tablespoon oil, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients; toss well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.