1/2 Photos of Couscous Salad with Dried Cranberries and Pecans
I love couscous salads, you could almost say I collect them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup shelled pecans
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- 3 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled,seeded,and diced
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1Toast the pecans in a shallow pan in a preheated 350-degree oven until very fragrant, about 7 minutes.
- 2Set aside to cool.
- 3Place the couscous, cranberries, and turmeric in a large bowl.
- 4Pour in the boiling water, stir, then cover the bowl with a large plate or foil.
- 5Let sit for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove the cover, then fluff the couscous with a fork.
- 7Cover again and let sit 5 more minutes.
- 8Stir in the pecans, peas, scallions, cucumbers, and basil.
- 9Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously.
- 10Pour over the couscous.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous Salad with Dried Cranberries and Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.0
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 343.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of