Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inspired by Dave Lieberman's recipe, but modified for my family. This is a great summer salad for large group functions. You can make ahead and serve when ready. It is really good served with hummus and flatbread as a vegetarian meal.
- 3 cups couscous
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- Stir the couscous, cranberries, curry powder, salt and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and pour it over the couscous. Add the orange juice and stir a few times.
- Cover and allow the liquid to absorb into the couscous, about 5 minutes.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, parsley, basil, green onions, cheese, walnuts, and orange pieces. Stir gently.
- Check seasonings and serve. I've made this up to 24 hours in advance. It does get a bet "wet" after 4 hours, so if you are making it well in advance, scale back on the water a bit.