Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy to make, this salad keeps well and tastes best at room temperature-all of which make for an ideal weekday lunch. Adapted from Cooking Light January 2007.
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 3⁄4 cup couscous, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup plum tomato, seeded chopped
- 6 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Combine cooked couscous and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
Great recipe! Made for an excellent, low-fat low-cal lunch all week long! The only thing I found was that it felt like a waste of some of the ingredients, as I only had to use very small quantities of the onions, parsley, etc. Maybe it means I should just make more next time :)