Good use for leftover chicken. Or you could omit the chicken and have a great vegetarian couscous salad. Either way, this is a great salad for picnics. Best after a day or so in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1 small cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 3 large medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons peach balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons regular balsamic vinegar, more to taste
- salt & pepper
- 1Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Cover and chill for 4 hours, or ideally, overnight.
- 3This salad tastes best if allowed to chill for a day or so.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous salad with chicken, dates & toasted walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.1
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 46.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 19.0 g