Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good use for leftover chicken. Or you could omit the chicken and have a great vegetarian couscous salad. Either way, this is a great salad for picnics. Best after a day or so in the fridge.
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1 small cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 3 large medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons peach balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons regular balsamic vinegar, more to taste
- salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours, or ideally, overnight.
- This salad tastes best if allowed to chill for a day or so.