From Real Simple
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups instant couscous
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus 6 sprigs
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 spicy grilled chicken breasts
- 3 fresh apricots, pitted and cut into bite-size chunks (or ripe nectarines, peaches, or plums)
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced in rings
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachio nuts, shelled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1Place the couscous in a medium bowl. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil and stir in the cinnamon, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Pour the mixture over the couscous. Cover and let stand until the couscous is soft, about 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Stir in the parsley, mint, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- 3Set aside. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and place in a medium bowl. Add the apricots, shallot, and pistachios.
- 4Drizzle with the vinegar and the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide the couscous among 6 dinner plates.
- 5Arrange the chicken salad over the couscous. Garnish with the parsley sprigs and serve.
Browse Our Top African Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous Salad With Chicken and Apricots
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.0
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.1 mg
- Sodium 301.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 39.4 g