From Real Simple
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups instant couscous
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus 6 sprigs
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 spicy grilled chicken breasts
- 3 fresh apricots, pitted and cut into bite-size chunks (or ripe nectarines, peaches, or plums)
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced in rings
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachio nuts, shelled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1Place the couscous in a medium bowl. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil and stir in the cinnamon, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Pour the mixture over the couscous. Cover and let stand until the couscous is soft, about 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Stir in the parsley, mint, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- 3Set aside. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and place in a medium bowl. Add the apricots, shallot, and pistachios.
- 4Drizzle with the vinegar and the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide the couscous among 6 dinner plates.
- 5Arrange the chicken salad over the couscous. Garnish with the parsley sprigs and serve.
Browse Our Top African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous Salad With Chicken and Apricots
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.0
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.1 mg
- Sodium 301.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 39.4 g