Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Real Simple
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant couscous
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus 6 sprigs
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 spicy grilled chicken breasts
- 3 fresh apricots, pitted and cut into bite-size chunks (or ripe nectarines, peaches, or plums)
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced in rings
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted pistachio nuts, shelled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Place the couscous in a medium bowl. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil and stir in the cinnamon, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the couscous. Cover and let stand until the couscous is soft, about 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Stir in the parsley, mint, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Set aside. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and place in a medium bowl. Add the apricots, shallot, and pistachios.
- Drizzle with the vinegar and the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide the couscous among 6 dinner plates.
- Arrange the chicken salad over the couscous. Garnish with the parsley sprigs and serve.