Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salad has a fresh taste from the mint, parsley and lemon which contrasts with the crunchy pine nuts. You can make this in advance by tossing in the tomatoes, pine nuts, and herbs right before serving. From Everyday Greens: Home Cooking from Greens, the celebrated Vegetarian restraunt.
- 1 cup instant couscous
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 scallion, both white and green parts, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Pour the couscous grains into a small baking dish. Set the lemon zest aside to toss with the salad later. Combine the water, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, pour over couscous, and give it a quick stir. Cover the dish and set aside for 20 minutes.
- When the couscous is ready, gently fluff it with a fork to separate the grains. Transfer to a serving bowl and toss with the reserved lemon zest and the remaining ingredients.