Recipe by SeaChelle
From the September 2008 Whole Living Body+Soul magazine. This is so tasty, and it makes an excellent lunch. The ingredients below are for one serving, but I've quintipled (haha 5x) them on Sunday night and had lunch for the whole week. While everyone else is eating soggy cafeteria food, I have a healthy, satisfying, delicious lunch. It's good warm or cold. Also, to simplify, follow the microwave directions on the couscous package for as many servings as you'd like. Then add the remaining ingredients in the proper amounts.
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup small broccoli floret (2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, bring 2/3 cup lightly salted water to a boil. Add couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand until tender, 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and transfer to a bowl.
- Toss broccoli, chickpeas, raisins, feta, oil, and vinegar with warm couscous; season with salt and pepper.