Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
From Body and Soul Magazine Sep 2008 This is for 1 serving but you can easily multiple the recipe :)
Top Review by Chef Edlear
This was a delicious side salad for us. I used Israeli couscous - I thought that it might be "prettier" with the big ball grains. The salad is easily thrown together, and looks good, although the broccoli loses it's color after awhile, coming in contact with the acids. I added in some chopped fresh parsley to counter that. The flavor combination is nice, the raisins do add just the right amount of sweetness, as another reviewer says. Thanks, Jamilah.
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup broccoli floret, small (2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (1 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- sea salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan bring 2/3 cup lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand until tender, 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and transfer to a bowl.
- Toss broccoli, chickpeas, raisins, feta, oil, and vinegar with warm couscous.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.