Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I came up with this for supper tonight and thought I would post it. I think it is a beautiful contrast to have beside any dish, or it was nice on its own.
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained
- 1 zucchini, quartered and cut into small pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- Boil water and first amount of oil, add couscous take off heat put lid on and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Cool Transfer couscous to a large bowl, add chickpeas, zucchini, cucumber, parsley and spinach.
- In another bowl mix lemon juice, chili powder, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic and oil.
- Pour over salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
Outstanding! I love the addition of zucchini and spinach. It looked beautiful on the plate, and tasted even better. Thank you.
This recipe was fantastic. I used Indian Chili Powder, added cherry tomatoes, and green onion. The chili gives it a nice kick.