Recipe by chia
low in fat, and very filling, a vegetarian's delight
Top Review by moxie
Wow, Chia, this is delish!!! I loved the great contrast of flavors and textures in this salad -- and it just gets better the second day. I doubled the amount of the dressing to my personal taste. Thanks so much for sharing it!! **** P.S. I tossed a little Feta into my leftovers and it was awesome.
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- salt, pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups instant couscous
- 5 scallions
- 1 cup mint leaf
- 1 lb cucumber
- 2 cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red peppers or 1⁄2 cup pimiento
- 1⁄3 cup capers, drained
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- bring water and salt to boil.
- add couscous, stir, cover and remove from heat meanwhile trim end from scallions, cut in thirds and add to food processor with mint leaves.
- pulse until finely chopped, remove to bowl trim ends of cucumbers, cut lentghwise into quarters and then slice, remove to bowl rinse chickpeas in colander, drain, add to bowl with drained peppers, tomatoes, capers.
- juice the lemon in small bowl, add olive oil and spices to make dressing.
- fluff couscous with fork, add to bowl, mix into vegetables.
- add dressing and mix well.