Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple couscous salad. It is very simple and easy to make. I particularly like the pine nuts in this! Prep and cooking time do not include any chilling time.
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Place the raisins in a small bowl; pour boiling water over raisins, and let stand 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Comine the chicken broth and saffron in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover, and remove from heat immediately. Let stand for 4 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Combine the couscous, raisins, celery, green onions, toasted pine nuts, and parsley in a large bowl; toss gently, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cinnamon in a bowl; stir well. Gradually add olive oil, beating constantly with a wire whisk until blended. Pour dressing mixture over couscous mixture; toss gently. Cover and chill thoroughly.
Just perfect! This is a beautiful salad with just a hint of sweetness from the fruit. We just loved it.
Used veggie broth, added cucumbers and mint. I enjoyed all the flavors and made enough to enjoy several times. Thanks! Made for PRMR game.
I love grain based salads...so tasty and easy to put together. The only thing I changed was to use dried cranberries instead of raisins, just for our preference. This is a keeper!