Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick little couscous salad that I threw together for myself and my DH. Served it as an accompaniment to chicken.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup beef broth or 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1 (4 ounce) can corn niblets, drained
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine couscous and chickpeas.
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil and pour over couscous and chickpeas.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and fluff with a fork. (This is important to do or the couscous will harden into a lump).
- Add tomato, pepper and corn and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice and oregano and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Pour dressing over couscous mixture and stir to coat.
We had an OOPS moment no capsicum/bellpepper or well that was useable so as I scaled back for 2 (which served 3 of us very well) so I added a whole tomatoe to compensate otherwise made as directed and the dressing certainly added very nice flavour, thank you Taris Flashpaw, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.