Recipe by kyepsen
This dish is served at our cafe at work. The chef was kind enough to share the recipe. It makes a great summer lunch for vegans or side dish for others. I use orange juice for the liquid to give the couscous a more flavor. This will last several days in the refrigerator.
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup boiling water or 1 cup orange juice
- 1 small red apple, diced small
- 1 small green apple, diced small
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, diced small
- 1 cup raisins, no sugar
- 1 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring OJ or water to a boil in the microwave. Put couscous in a bowl and pour boiling liquid over it. Stir. Put Plastic wrap tightly over the bowl and put back in the microwave.
- Chop apple and squeeze lemon over it and mix.
- Chop celery, walnuts and onion. Add to apples and toss.
- Chop walnuts and add to the mix.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Add apple mix and raisins. Mix thouroughly.
- Let sit for an hour or overnight before serving.