Recipe by LauraMac
This is a lovely side dish for a BBQ. It's light but flavorful. Many of my friends have asked for the recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
- 375 ml chicken stock or 375 ml water
- 250 ml whole wheat couscous
- 425 g canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 pickled green chilies, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large tomatoes
- 100 g cheddar cheese, diced
- 30 ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 30 ml white wine vinegar
- 5 ml ground cumin
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken stock to boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Stir in couscous and boil for one minute. Remove from heat and allow to stand for five minutes until liquid is absorbed. Pour couscous into a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.