Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A simple salad using couscous
Make and share this Couscous Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flavored couscous, cooked (garlic or Parmesan)
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 limes, juice of
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients with the olive oil and lime juice, to taste.
Delicious!! I used a yellow bell pepper for additional color, a wonderful garden-fresh tomato and the juice of two limes. A 16-ounce can of chickpeas yielded a little over the one cup the recipe called for so I rinsed, drained and used all of them. I will be taking this salad for work lunches this week - if it lasts that long. Thanks Anme :)