Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe from Easy Food magazine
- 250 g couscous
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 700 g frozen mixed vegetables, cooked
- 2 slices feta cheese, crumbled
- lemon juice
- olive oil, to taste
- Put the couscous into a bowl, pour over the stock and cover immediately. Leave to steam for 5 minutes. While the couscous is steaming melt the buter in a pan and fry the garlic and cooked vegetables until warmed through.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and add the vegetables and feta cheese. Mix together and drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil to tast.
- Serve with roasted lamb and a green salad.
Lovely salad! I halved this to use up some frozen green beans and corn and it worked well. I used 2 Tbsp lemon juice and 2 Tbsp olive oil and added a good grinding of fresh black pepper. Since feta cheese doesn't come in slices here I just used what looked good, which ended up being around 80-90g for the halved recipe. Great by itself but will also be good with tomorrow's dinner: recipe #290645. Thanks for sharing!
This is a great vegetarian dish, I just love it! I added everything together, while the couscous was still warm, so the vegetables were slightly heated, and the feta cheese was slightly melted, which made for a great taste. It tastes good both hot and completely cooled, and also made for great leftovers.