Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious couscous vegetable salad
Make and share this Couscous Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 5 7⁄8 ounces couscous (garlic or Parmesan flavored)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 limes, juice of
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients with the olive oil and lime juice, to taste.
I saw this recipe on Paula Deen. It is a wonderful recipe. It is especially great in the summer when the produce is fresh. I find it is best when the vegetables are diced small the texture blends better on the tongue. You can add many of your favorite vegetables or subsitute the couscus for another small shaped pasta like the melon seed. If you do sub the pasta, just add a 1/2 cup of fresh parmesan cheese. Please do not use the green can stuff.