Recipe by Mirj
A first had this at a friend's house, and could not help going back for seconds, thirds... She gave me the recipe, and I altered it a bit to reflect my family's tastes, and I almost always serve this when we have guests for Friday night dinner or Saturday lunch. You can play around with it, it's very forgiving.
- 350 g couscous (1 package)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soup mix
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch parsley
- 5 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the couscous into a large bowl.
- Mix in the soup powder and olive oil.
- Add the boiling water and let soak until all the water has been absorbed.
- Place the carrots and parsley in a food processor.
- Peel the lemon with a potato peeler and add to the food processor.
- Process until a minced finely.
- Add the juice from the lemon, olive oil, ginger and pepper.
- Process until a paste has been formed.
- Add paste to the ready couscous and mix together.
- Add the chickpeas and mix together.
- Turn into a salad bowl and chill for at least two hours.