Recipe by Pierre Dance
I've changed this so much over the years and I'm at a loss to remember where I got it. It's especially good with grilled fish, pork, chicken, or kabobs.
Top Review by Boomette
This is a wonderful recipe. I boiled the water in a saucepan and then added the couscous, removed from the heat, covered it for 5 minutes. I omitted the onion, carrots. I used a red bell pepper. I'll have to do this recipe again soon. Thanks Pierre Dance :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup baby carrots, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 -2 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place couscous in a heated bowl. add water.
- Cover and let stand for 20 minutes, 'til all the water has been absorbed.
- Add the vegetables. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl place the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk briskly to mix.
- Pour over the salad, toss to blend.
- Serve at room temperature.