Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious salad, cool and refreshing. The addition of the feta cheese adds a nice tang. I have used both regular and whole wheat couscous and they are both delicious.
- Bring broth and water to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in couscous.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- DRESSING: Whisk sugar, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar together.
- Whisk in olive oil slowly.
- Transfer couscous to a large bowl and fluff with fork to separate the grains.
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers, green onion and feta cheese.
- Add dressing and toss.
- Serve at room temperature.
I sub raspberry red wine vinegar in this, and it's just delicious! People eat it right up! I usually have to add a little bit more liquid to the dressing because it can get dry very quickly.
Made & reviewed for NA*ME Forum's Dish of The Week! We'll we really did like this salad - I made a couple of alterations...1) I always steam my cous cous so I did that & omitted the broth as I didn't require it. 2) I didn't have red wine vinegar so subbed our usual in it's place. DS took the leftovers to school & loved it. Thanks for a great recipe :)
I made this to go with Corn pie with beef crust and it was a big success. I used wholemeal cous cous, vegetable stock and added in chopped pepper. I made half and it fed two hungry adults and a fussy eater (aged 8!) with left overs! I didnt haev feta but can see that would be a nice addition. Great recipe - thank you!