Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe I found in a book called "Conveniently Vegan" and posted in reply to a request for it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 5 ounces couscous (a little less than 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk or 1 1⁄2 cups whatever milk, you choose to use
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot.
- Add couscous and raisins.
- Cover pot, remove from heat, and allow to sit 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate medium-size pot, heat remaining ingredients over medium-high heat until the pudding starts to thicken (about 3 minutes).
- While heating, stir often with a whisk.
- Once pudding thickens, remove from heat and add cooked couscous mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour pudding into a serving dish and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Imade this & used fresh nutmeg, it was very good.