Prep 16 mins
Cook 12 mins
Here's another way to use couscous that updates an old favorite:) Don't leave out the grated orange rind!
- In a medium sided bowl, beat together the egg, egg white, and 2 Tbs of the sugar.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine the milk, the remaining 2 Tbs sugar, orange rind, and salt and bring to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Slowly pour the warmed milk into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly for 4 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the couscous and cook, stirring constantly, 6 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 6 minutes or until the couscous is tender.
- Stir in the raisins, nuts and vanilla.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.