Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy dish with lots of ingredients I love.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium size sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium size yellow sweet pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- Heal oil in a large heavy-bottom pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and peppers. Cook for 8 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt, black pepper, thyme, red pepper flakes and turmeric. Stir in broth, 1 cup water and the peas. Bring to a simmer and add shrimp. Simmer, covered, for 2 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove from heat; stir in couscous. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. To serve, fluff with fork and garnish with olives.
This is a wonderful recipe. I used red onion, omitted the salt and pepper. I loved the spices in it. This is so easy to do. Thanks Ck2plz :) Made for Photo tag