Recipe by Mary Hallen
I've tried it without altering it. Pretty good and even the 11 and 8 year olds like it.
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 9 1⁄2 ounces couscous, dried
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces baby shrimp, cooked
- lime wedges or lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble chorizo into large nonstick frying pan Add onion cook over med heat, stirring often until well-browned.
- About 15 minutes.
- If mixture seems dry, add water 1 tsp at a time.
- Add clam juice, broth and cumin seeds.
- Increase heat to med-high and bring to boil.
- Stir in pasta, cover, remove from heat and let stand until liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer to serving bowl Stir in bell pepper and top with shrimp.