Recipe by Elizabeth Fullerton
I saw this on "Good Morning America" this morning. Emeril Lagasse is the creator of this recipe. It looked so good that I posted it here to find it easier.
Top Review by bunheadz
This recipe was such a hit, I had to prepare it twice in the first 3 weeks. We often leave out the hot sauce and add our personal choices for hot sauces at the table. I find that I have to adjust the liquid content (depending on the brand of couscous used) to conform with the instructions on the box.
- 12 raw shrimp, peeled and chopped (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 small chicken breast, boned,skinned and chopped (generous 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon emeril creole seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces chopped andouille sausages (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup peeled seeded and chopped Italian plum tomato (about 2)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
Emerils Creole Seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
- Makes about 2/3 cup.
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, chicken and Creole Seasoning and use your hands to blend thoroughly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large nonreactive skillet over high heat.
- Add the seasoned shrimp and chicken and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the andouille, onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic and stir-fry for one minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire, hot sauce, stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stir in the couscous, and turn off the heat.
- Cover the skillet and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and stir in the remaining olive oil.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes about 5 cups.