Recipe by KLHquilts
Wonderful light salad from June 2007 Cooking Light.
Top Review by cookingofjoy
This was really nice, and it was so quick to put together! We like a lot of dressing, so I'd probably double that portion next time and maybe add still more red pepper. Great salad for a summer meal! Thanks!
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 2 cups tomatoes (chopped and seeded, about 2 medium tomatoes)
- 1 cup cucumber, diced (about 1)
- 1 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 15 1⁄2 ounces garbanzo beans (1 can, drained)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil in a medium saucepan, and stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and place in a large bowl to cool completely.
- Stir in tomato, cucumber, scallions, carrot, red bell pepper, and garbanzo beans; toss well.
- Combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl; stir with whisk.
- Add dressing to couscous mixture just before serving. Toss gently and serve.