Recipe by chia
Sweet and hot. Couscous makes a great side dish for lamb or chicken. This recipe is from Cooking Light.
Top Review by JustJanS
This is another great recipe thanks Chia. made no changes toit, and loved it both hot and left over the next day. Don't let the longish list of ngredients put you off, it really is simple.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped olives
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a sauté pan, add onions and first 8 spices, stirring.
- Add chicken broth, bring to boil.
- Add couscous, cover and remove from heat.
- Let it sit 5 minutes, fluff with fork pour couscous into a large bowl.
- Add oil and remaining ingredients, toss well.