Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sweet and hot. Couscous makes a great side dish for lamb or chicken. This recipe is from Cooking Light.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped olives
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a sauté pan, add onions and first 8 spices, stirring.
- Add chicken broth, bring to boil.
- Add couscous, cover and remove from heat.
- Let it sit 5 minutes, fluff with fork pour couscous into a large bowl.
- Add oil and remaining ingredients, toss well.
This is another great recipe thanks Chia. made no changes toit, and loved it both hot and left over the next day. Don't let the longish list of ngredients put you off, it really is simple.
This couscous was quite nice and different, and very easy to make. There are just two of us so I scaled the recipe to half. Made it as instructed except for the dates, had to leave them out, didn't have any on hand. We enjoyed it as a change from the ususal. It went well with lemon pork chops and brocolli, thanks for sharing, I think it might be very good using veggies another time.
Excellent recipe. I made exactally as written except didn't have cherry tomatoes so omitted them. Very tasty and a definite keeper for us. Thanks Chia.