Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found in O At Home magazine, Fall 2008.
Make and share this Couscous Fruit Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml water
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 236.59 ml couscous
- 177.44 ml orange juice
- 177.44 ml coconut milk
- 44.37 ml light brown sugar
- 14.79 ml minced peeled, fresh ginger
- 1.23 ml ground green cardamoms
- 29.58 ml brewed coffee
- 177.44 ml heavy cream
- 2 pink grapefruit, segmented, membranes & seeds removed
- 2 oranges, segmented, membranes & seeds removed
- 236.59 ml diced watermelon
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 59.14 ml dried coconut flakes
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, vanilla bean, & cinnamon stick to a boil.
- Add couscous, cover & immediately remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, bring orange juice, coconut milk, brown sugar, ginger, cardamom, & coffee to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes; strain into a bowl & then stir strained liquid into couscous mixture.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream to soft peaks. Fold whipped cream into couscous.
- To serve, spoon couscous into a large bowl, then top with fruit & coconut.