Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found in O At Home magazine, Fall 2008.
- 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup couscous
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled, fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground green cardamoms
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 pink grapefruit, segmented, membranes & seeds removed
- 2 oranges, segmented, membranes & seeds removed
- 1 cup diced watermelon
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup dried coconut flakes
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, vanilla bean, & cinnamon stick to a boil.
- Add couscous, cover & immediately remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, bring orange juice, coconut milk, brown sugar, ginger, cardamom, & coffee to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes; strain into a bowl & then stir strained liquid into couscous mixture.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream to soft peaks. Fold whipped cream into couscous.
- To serve, spoon couscous into a large bowl, then top with fruit & coconut.