Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from my 365 Ways to Cook Pasta cookbook. This can be adapted into a backcountry breakfast or dinner dish.
- 1 1⁄4 cups couscous
- 1⁄2 cup mixed fruit, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped nuts
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- heavy cream
- Combine the couscous, dried fruit and nuts; set aside.
- Scald the milk; stir in the honey and vanilla.
- Add the couscous mixture; stir once.
- Cover and let stand until all the milk is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- To serve, spoon into bowls.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Drizzle puddings with cream and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
This makes very generous servings. One serving is more like 2. I used golden raisins for the fruit and pecans for the nuts. This was served warm for a quick and delicious treat. Made for ZWTIII.