Recipe by Calms79
This recipe is from chef Damian Heads of Australian Ready Steady Cook. He served his on a bed of couscous with broad beans but because we aren't fans of broad beans, I serve this with a salad and crusty bread.
Top Review by Oolala
I have a Betty Crocker recipe called Broiled Salmon with Hazelnut Butter that I was about to post. It's just like this one. I can't wait to try it. In the recipe I have you simply broil the fish instead of pan frying and instead of oil, it uses butter for the sauce. I think your version with the olive oil is healthier. Thanks for posting!
Couscous Crumbed Salmon
- 4 (200 g) salmon fillets, bones and skin removed
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil, for frying salmon
Parsley and Hazelnut Pesto
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄3 cup hazelnuts, roasted
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- To make pesto, place parsley, hazelnuts, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper into food processor. Process until well combined. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper. Place couscous into shallow bowl. Coat both sides of salmon with couscous.
- Add vegetable oil to non-stick fry pan and heat over medium heat. Cook Salmon, in batches, for 2 - 3 minutes on each side or until golden and almost cooked through. (Salmon should still be pink in centre). Serve.