Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Couscous is cheap, versatile and quick to prepare, making it a great pantry staple to keep on hand for last-minute meals, like this 25-minute veggie saute. (From Betty Crocker's "Money Saving Meals" cookbook).
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 340.19 g box whole wheat couscous
- 255.14 g box frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 (510.29 g) box frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 473.18 ml water
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml salt
- 78.07 ml slivered almonds, toasted
- In a 12" skillet, melt butter over Medium-High heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except almonds.
- Heat to boiling over High heat.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff before serving.
- Sprinkle with almonds.