1/3 Photos of Couscous Corn and Black Bean Salad
This is a variation of a recipe I've been making for years. I've added the black beans to make it a nice vegetarian dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken)
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernel, roasted (or use frozen, or canned)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1In 2 quart saucepan, bring broth to boil.
- 2Stir in couscous; cover. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- 3Place couscous in a large bowl.
- 4Combine olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 5Gently fold into couscous.
- 6Add remaining ingredients and fold gently. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Refrigerate, covered, for at least one hour, or overnight.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous Corn and Black Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.1
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 106.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: