This is a variation of a recipe I've been making for years. I've added the black beans to make it a nice vegetarian dish.
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken)
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernel, roasted (or use frozen, or canned)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- In 2 quart saucepan, bring broth to boil.
- Stir in couscous; cover. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Place couscous in a large bowl.
- Combine olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Gently fold into couscous.
- Add remaining ingredients and fold gently. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least one hour, or overnight.