Recipe by kelly in TO
This is wonderful Rose Reisman salad, it's great as a side but I'll usually make it for a light lunch.
Top Review by Safire1310
I was looking for a recipe to duplicate my favorite couscous salad served at a local deli and I think I've found it! I used a cranberry/raisin/currants mix and added pine nuts. Included the curry because it gives it such a good flavour against the honey and raisins. My new lunch staple!
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring stock to a boil in small saucepan and stir in couscous and curry powder, cover and let stand for about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl to let cool.
- Stir chickpeas, cranberries, green onions, bell pepper, and basil into the couscous.
- For the dressing, mix together the olive oil, orange juice, orange rind, honey and garlic.
- Pour over couscous and serve.