1/1 Photo of Couscous, Chickpea & Cranberry Salad
kelly in TO's Note:
This is wonderful Rose Reisman salad, it's great as a side but I'll usually make it for a light lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 3/4 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1Bring stock to a boil in small saucepan and stir in couscous and curry powder, cover and let stand for about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl to let cool.
- 2Stir chickpeas, cranberries, green onions, bell pepper, and basil into the couscous.
- 3For the dressing, mix together the olive oil, orange juice, orange rind, honey and garlic.
- 4Pour over couscous and serve.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous, Chickpea & Cranberry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.2
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 151.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g