Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Filling and tasty. 8 WW points.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water, broth may be substituted
- 10 ounces uncooked couscous
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup white corn
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- In a skillet, brown chicken along with onion and garlic Add tomatoes, water, couscous, corn and peas.
- Stir, if it gets too dry add more water.
- Add seasonings, remove from heat, cover.
- Allow to sit for five minutes, if it seems too dry add more water 1/4 cup at a time.
- and then serve.
We made this last week and it was tasty! I think next time we'll double the garlic as we do love garlic! I'm not sure what the portion size is for 8 points, because this recipe makes ALOT. My 15 month old daughter even loved it!